Colleen Coolican
(607) 594-3341 ext. 3701

Email Colleen Coolican

Melissa Adams
(607) 594-3341 ext. 3700

Email Melissa Adams

Dan Batchelder
(607) 594-3341 ext. 3702

Email Dan Batchelder

Please feel free to call or stop by the School Counseling Office if you have questions about schedules, college applications, grades, SAT or ACT exams, scholarships, working papers, etc. You can reach us at 594-3341, ext. 3907 or 607-882-9832. We are here to help our students and our parents. All questions you have are important and we will do our best to get answers for you.

The School Counseling Staff consist of two counselors and a secretary. Mrs. Colleen Coolican is the counselor for students in Grades 7-12 whose last names begin with the letters L-Z. Mr. Dan Batchelder is working with students in grades 7-12 whose last names begin with the letters A-K. Mrs. Melissa Adams is the Guidance Secretary.

Selective Service

Eighteen year old males are required to register with Selective Service. It’s simple and easy, but it’s also really important. Federal law requires that all men living in the U.S. must register within a month of their 18th birthday. Registering keeps you eligible for college loans, job training, government jobs, and even driver’s license renewals.

You can submit your information to Selective Service three months after your 17th birthday and you will automatically be registered when you turn 18. Under federal law, you must register within 30 days of your 18th birthday, but if you haven’t registered, you should still register now even if your 18th birthday was more than 30 days ago.You can register in person at the post office or online at

Stop in the Guidance Office to register online. You will need your Social Security Number to register.

Working Papers

Students who are planning to get summer jobs should get their working papers before summer break. To get working papers you must complete an application form that is available in the Guidance Office. Once you complete this form and have it signed by your parents, you need to have a physical fitness form completed by the Health Office. If you wait until summer vacation to get your working papers you will need to have the physical fitness form completed by your own physician.

If you think you might need working papers this summer, stop by the Guidance Office today for an application.